The “25:1 Virginia Hemp Law” refers to a specific regulation within the state’s hemp laws that went into effect on July 1st, 2023. Because of this 25:1 rule Redfern Hemp Co. was forced to over-haul their product offering to be Virginia compliant. Therefore, if you have purchased our Dazed Delta-8 gummies and can’t seem to find them again on our online store, this is the reason why.
** Because of the changes to VA hemp laws we may have removed products that you've purchased in the past which may still be legal but we've taken off the website in an abundance of caution. So if you can't find a product you're looking for please give us a call ( (804) 655-0996) during our market hours: 11 AM-7PM Tuesday-Saturday. We're closed on Sundays and Mondays.
Key Points About the New Virginia Hemp Law:
- THC limits: All hemp products sold in Virginia must contain less than 0.3% total THC. This includes all forms of THC, including delta-8 and delta-9.
- Product exceptions: Products exceeding the 2 mg of THC per package limit can be sold if the CBD to THC ratio is at least 25:1. This means for every 1 part THC, there must be 25 parts CBD.
- Edible restrictions: All edible hemp products must be in child-resistant packaging and come with a certificate of analysis from an independent, accredited laboratory. Retailers must have the laboratory’s accreditation certificate available for review.
- Synthetic derivatives: The sale or offering for sale of any substance intended for human consumption containing a synthetic derivative of THC is prohibited.
This rule aims to address concerns about the increasing availability of delta-8 THC products, which can have psychoactive effects similar to delta-9 THC (the main psychoactive component of marijuana). While hemp is federally legal with low THC levels, concerns about potential misuse and confusion with marijuana spurred the implementation of this stricter regulation.
How Redfern Hemp Co. is Abiding the New Virginia Hemp Law
But with every obstacle our legislators throw our way there’s always a silver-lining to seize upon and that’s exactly what we have done. The 25 to 1 CBD to THC breakdowns to 4% of legal THC per packaged product. Abiding by the state’s standard, we’ve created a line of Virginia compliant edibles that will knock your socks off! The best part is, they’re made right here in the state of Virginia in our state-inspected kitchen at Hatch Kitchen RVA in Manchester.
Try Our 25:1 Compliant Virginia-Made Hemp Edibles
All of our high CBD low THC edibles have 1500mg of CBD and 50mg of THC. What makes our edibles uniquely homogenized is that you have the choice between eating the THC and CBD separately or together. A lot of customers prefer eating their THC portion of the edible earlier and the night and the CBD right before bed. There’s no right or wrong way. We do encourage new customers to begin with one 1/4 of either the THC and CBD until your comfortable with taking more.
- 25:1 Chocolate Snappers:
- Our 25:1 Chocolate Snappers are made with premium imported French chocolate and will melt all your worries away! The milk chocolate square contains 50mg of THC and the white chocolate square contains 1500mg CBD isolate.
- 25:1 Gummy Melts:
- Unlike all the other cannabis infused gummies on the market, which use gelatin and digest in your stomach, our gummy melts will dissolve in your mouth and quickly enter your bloodstream for maximum effect. The red gummy contains 50mg THC and the yellow gummy has 1500mg CBD.
- 25:1 Cookie Sandwiches
- These cookies sandwiches are so good you’ll need to watch yourself cause they’re extremely potent! Enjoy the chocolate chip cookie, which has 50mg THC, and then the other cookie which contains 1500mg of CBD.
All our products are accompanied with Certificates of Analysis (COA) which have been reviewed and approved by the state. Only products approved by the Virginia Department of Agriculture (VDACS) are permitted to be sold in smoke-shops, markets and gas stations. Lastly, you do not need a medical marijuana card to purchase Redfern’s Virginia Compliant hemp edibles.
Impact of 25:1 Virginia Hemp Laws:
The 25:1 rule has faced criticism from some industry stakeholders who argue it unfairly restricts access to certain hemp products and hinders business growth. Additionally, legal challenges have been filed against the rule, arguing it exceeds the state’s authority.
Join the Redfern Hemp Business Social Network to get updates on the law.
Current Virginia Hemp Law Status:
As of today, February 7th, 2024, the 25:1 rule remains in effect while legal challenges unfold.
- Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services – Hemp: https://www.vdacs.virginia.gov/dairy-industrial-hemp-derived-extract.shtml
- Lawsuit Seeks to Block Virginia’s Stricter Hemp Laws: https://www.vdacs.virginia.gov/press-releases-230615-hemp-product-enforcement.shtml
I hope this information clarifies the 25:1 Virginia Hemp Rule and its context. Please let me know if you have any further questions.